Share information with other expats, knowledge migrants, international workers and students
Want to get in touch with other expats, international students and researchers, knowledge migrants or other international workers? Looking for experiences, advice and useful information?
- For tax questions, you can call the tax information number: (055) 538 53 85
- Check out the online expatriate community: www.expat-blog.com/en/directory/western-europe/netherlands.
- Radboud University Global Lounge: www.ru.nl/english/working/living-working/global-lounge/. The Global Lounge on Radboud University campus provides a meeting point and information desk for internationals in Nijmegen. Resources include a luxury coffee machine, free wifi for guests, and space for lounging and working. The International Staff Information Desk staff is eager to answer questions about working and living in the Netherlands. The Global Lounge hosts frequent events and activities for the international community.
- The International Resource Centre (IRC-Gelderland) is a meeting point for the expatriate community living in the Gelderland Province, in the Netherlands. The aim of the portal is to gather, share and exchange up-to-date information, guidance and resources and to make these available to welcome, inform, support and enrich the life of the international community residing and operating in the province.
- Researchers (with plans for) working and living in the Netherlands, surf to the portal www.eracareers.nl. This Dutch Mobility Portal aims at providing mobile researchers intending to work and live in the Netherlands with updated, correct and easily accesible information concerning all matters related to their professional stay and daily lives.
- International students planning to study in the Netherlands, see the website of Nuffic (Netherlands information for international cooperation in higher education) for information on all sorts of subjects concerning preparations, living and studying in the Netherlands: www.nuffic.nl
- Expatica describes itself as 'the helping hand for internationals'. Expatica provides local news and essential information on living in, working in or moving to the Netherlands and other countries. The website also offers interactive possibilities to get in touch with other expats, such as free ads, blogs, discussion forums and events such as speed dating (!): www.expatica.com.
- For french speaking expats: Nimègue Accueil.